Objective: provide an alternative to urban lighting with autonomous and interconnected solar streetlights.
Given the shaded environment and the need for interoperability with the global public lighting control network, only streetlamps connected to the electricity grid have so far met the requirements of local authorities.
Today, these obsolete networks are complicated to renovate given the urban environment of the Mériadeck district in Bordeaux.
That’s why the Bordeaux Metropole experts wanted to test Sunna Design’s intelligent and connected solar lighting solutions.
Indeed, the street lighting fixtures installed in this district are energy consuming and inefficient. They do not anticipate the challenges inherent to the smart and sustainable city.
Also, solar lighting is recommended only in municipalities on the outskirts of metropolitan areas with non-existent or minimal grid.
Ensure the same level of lighting functionality as a grid connected lights in a highly urbanized environment where solar radiation is limited.
Secure public area illuminated by contextual lighting behavior and by a group of streetlights.
Measure performance of streetights in real-time and adapt their functional profiles according to local constraints.
Be interoperable with the local authority management platform used to manage the whole urban facilities and networked streetlights in a metropolis.
– A predictive algorithm running into its “BMS” (Battery Management System) allows streetlights consumption to be anticipated and adjustment to local conditions to ensure the expected functionality.
– Same group solar streetlights are interconnected to simultaneously light up
– The operation status of each system and its charge history are available in real-time by pairing a mobile phone to streetlight via Bluetooth.
– An autonomous mesh network allows the connectivity of solar streetlights, thus inducing automatic synchronization. This Interconnection between Sunna Design’s solutions guarantees redundancy of the signal in case of one failing. It therefore ensures resilience and continuity of the service.
– The local grid network offers another advantage: transmission of operating data from autonomous solar streetlights in an open data format. Benefit for local community is to use this data and interact with these systems.
Local and regional authorities can enjoy an alternative to their grid connected lighting with products of the iSSL range.
These intelligent and connected solar streetlights meet public lighting needs for each and every area of intertropical countries.
Equipped with adjustable LED modules, the iSSL Maxi Road finely adjusts its luminous flux to its environment. These solar streetlights which specifically illuminate roads and streets of all sizes and car parks, are “anti-blackout” proofed and resist extreme climate conditions.
Our mobile application SunnAPP drives our fleet of autonomous and connected streetlights.
The City of Tournefeuille, west of Toulouse, has recently created an additional cycle route in its municipality, with the aim of improving the network of its cycle paths and in particular to connect them to the city’s high school. In order to carry out this project and in coherence with its energy and ecological […]
A French consortium has installed autonomous solar street lighting in Uganda to improve the living conditions of the inhabitants. Thanks to 75 high-powered solar streetlights from the EverGen range, the benefits of solar lighting are already being felt in the daily lives of 400,000 inhabitants of the Kampala region. Road and street, […]
The National Superior School of Architecture and Landscape of Bordeaux has taken advantage of the State Recovery Plan to begin the renovation work on its pyramid, an iconic construction, as well as to improve the energy performance of several of its buildings. Sunna Design has been contacted for its expertise in solar energy in […]
Along the shore of Morocco, Safi beach faces the deep blue Atlantic Ocean. It is a meeting point for the inhabitants of the nearby city and for tourists who come to enjoy its tranquility. In order for this relaxing place to remain accessible after dark, several Sunna Design streetlights were installed in record time. […]